X
Lost password?

Don't have an account?
Gain Access Now

X

Receive free daily analysis

NFL
NBA
NHL
NASCAR
CFB
MLB
MMA
PGA
ESPORTS
BETTING

Already have an account? Log In

X

Forgot Password


POPULAR FANTASY TOOLS

Expert Advice
Articles & Tools
Import Your Leagues
Draft Rankings
Draft Simulator
Enter League Settings
Compare Any Players
Rookies & Call-Ups
24x7 News and Alerts
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
7 months agoToronto Blue Jays first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is out of the starting lineup ahead of Sunday's game against the Minnesota Twins. The team decided to give Guerrero a rest day here after he had started in the last eight games. During the span, Guerrero collected 14 hits with a batting average over .450, so fantasy managers that held onto him are getting rewarded in the second half of the season. Spencer Horwitz will cover first base and bat third versus right-hander Bailey Ober. The 26-year-old has racked up five hits in his last two games and has a favorable matchup on Sunday. Fantasy managers that are looking for help should consider Horwitz as a possible option.--Andy Webb - RotoBaller
Source: mlb.com
Read More News

 

Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
2 weeks agoKeegan Matheson of MLB.com reports that Toronto Blue Jays CEO Mark Shapiro believes the team will reach an agreement with first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. on an extension. "We have such a clear alignment on the desired outcome," said Shapiro. "Vlad wants to play his whole career as a Toronto Blue Jay. We want him to end his career in a Blue Jays uniform...That's a pretty good place to start." When negotiations were last reported, Vladdy Jr. and the Jays were roughly $50 million apart, as the star slugger is looking for a contract similar to that of New York Mets outfielder Juan Soto. Guerrero Jr. hit a career-high .323 last season and has not played in fewer than 156 games since the start of 2021. Whether both parties will strike a deal remains to be seen. Regardless, the 26-year-old is RotoBaller's top option at first base and should be one of the more productive bats overall in 2025.--Alex Ciulla
Source: Keegan Matheson
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
4 weeks agoToronto Blue Jays first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. says that the latest contract-extension proposal his representatives presented to the team was for 15 years and significantly lower than outfielder Juan Soto's deal with the New York Mets -- even lower than $600 million. Toronto and Guerrero were unable to agree on anything before the start of spring training, setting him up to be a free agent after the 2025 season. "I'm looking for 14 [years]. I would like 14, 15, even 20 if they give them to me, but doing it the right way," Guerrero said. In seven games this spring, the 25-year-old slugger is hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS, a homer and three RBI in seven games. Contract issues aside, Guerrero is the top-ranked fantasy first baseman at RotoBaller this year and has added protection in outfielder Anthony Santander.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: ESPN.com - Enrique Rojas and Ernesto Jerez
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
4 weeks agoToronto Blue Jays manager John Schneider said on Thursday that he plans to bat first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. in the two-hole this year, with new outfielder Anthony Santander behind him in the No. 3 spot. "2,3 Vlad and Tony (Santander), and then from there could be Bo (Bichette).. could be Bo 1, could be Bo 4, depending on who we're facing," Schneider said. Guerrero mostly hit third for the Blue Jays in 2024 despite beginning the season in the two-hole. The 25-year-old has been an All-Star each of the last four seasons and went on to hit .323/.396/.544 with a .940 OPS, 30 home runs, 103 RBI and 98 runs scored in 697 plate appearances and 159 games played. Especially with added protection in Santander behind him in the batting order, Vladdy should be considered a top-15 fantasy hitter. He finished last year as the top fantasy first baseman and is ranked there heading into his seventh big-league season.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: Hazel Mae
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
2 months agoToronto Blue Jays first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. was unable to reach a contract extension with the team before the set deadline. Earlier in the offseason, the first baseman set a February 18 deadline for contract discussions to not interfere with spring training. However, both sides were unable to come to an agreement and will now resume talks at the conclusion of the season. The 25-year-old is set to reach free agency following the 2025 campaign and will likely be the top player on the open market. Last season, Guerrero posted an impressive .323/.396/.544 slash line with 30 home runs and two stolen bases. Under the hood, he generated an elite .408 xwOBA, .321 xBA, and a .567 xSLG, which placed him in the 98th percentile among qualified hitters. He has hit at least 30 home runs in three of his previous four campaigns and held an overall .293/.370/.517 line over this stretch. Guerrero should be viewed as the consensus top first baseman in all formats heading into the 2025 campaign.--Andy Smith - RotoBaller
Source: Keegan Matheson
More Recent News

 

Read More News

 

POPULAR FANTASY TOOLS

Expert Advice
Articles & Tools
Import Your Leagues
Draft Rankings
Draft Simulator
Enter League Settings
Compare Any Players
Rookies & Call-Ups
24x7 News and Alerts

REAL-TIME FANTASY NEWS

Luis Rengifo2 hours ago

Injures His Hamstring On Friday
Ketel Marte4 hours ago

Likely To Land On The Injured List
Eury Pérez4 hours ago

Eury Perez Throws Bullpen On Friday
Edward Cabrera4 hours ago

To Make Second Rehab Start On Sunday
Matt Brash4 hours ago

On Track To Return In Late April
Ketel Marte4 hours ago

Dealing With Strained Hamstring
Jordan Romano4 hours ago

Shaky While Recording Save Against Dodgers
Julio Rodríguez5 hours ago

Julio Rodriguez Posts Three-Hit Performance
Corbin Carroll5 hours ago

Blasts Two Homers
Tylor Megill5 hours ago

Looks Sharp In Home Opener
Wilyer Abreu5 hours ago

Collects Three Hits
Shota Imanaga5 hours ago

Impressive In Win
Ryan Burr6 hours ago

Could Throw Bullpen Next Week
Brad Lord6 hours ago

Could Make A Start On Sunday
Patrick Corbin6 hours ago

Jack Leiter Placed On Injured List, Patrick Corbin Promoted
Vidal Bruján6 hours ago

Vidal Brujan's Rehab Stalls
Jud Fabian7 hours ago

Showing Power At Triple-A
Javier Assad7 hours ago

Getting Close To Rehab Assignment
Kutter Crawford7 hours ago

Not Cleared To Face Hitters
Michael McGreevy7 hours ago

Rebounds In Second Start
Liam Hendriks7 hours ago

To Throw Bullpen Session This Weekend
RANKINGS
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
SP
RP
10
10
11
11
12
19
13
22
14
24
15
25
16
29
17
39
18
40
19
41

RANKINGS

QB
RB
WR
TE
K
DEF
1
1
2
3
3
7
4
11
6
14
7
15
8
18
9
19
10
20