24 mins agoThe Los Angeles Chargers announced on Wednesday that they signed Australian tight end Jordan Petaia as part of the league's International Player Pathway training program. Petaia recently worked out for teams at the University of South Florida's Pro Day on March 26. He appeared in two Rugby World Cups in 2019 in Japan and in 2023 in France for the Wallabies and became the youngest Australian to play at a World Cup in 2019 at just 18 years old. Petaia will be a long shot for any kind of fantasy relevance in the NFL with the Chargers but will provide additional tight end depth in L.A. heading into training camp behind newcomer Tyler Conklin, Will Dissly, Tucker Fisk and McCallan Castles. The 25-year-old spent the last few months learning American football at the IMG Academy in Florida.Source: Los Angeles Chargers
1 hour agoUniversity of Texas wide receiver Matthew Golden is taking a pre-draft visit to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Wednesday, according to Penn Live's Nick Farabaugh. The Steelers acquired wideout DK Metcalf from the Seattle Seahawks this offseason, but it doesn't mean that they won't look to add to the position through the draft to provide depth in 2025 behind Metcalf, George Pickens and Calvin Austin III. The 21-year-old Golden is widely expected to come off the board in this year's NFL draft in the first round after producing 987 receiving yards and nine touchdowns in his final season with the Longhorns. He also impressed with his speed at the combine in late February by running a 4.29-second 40-yard dash. If makes sense for the Pittsburgh to look at receiver in the upcoming draft with the future of Pickens uncertain beyond the 2025 season.Source: Penn Live - Nick Farabaugh
1 hour agoCincinnati Bengals All-Pro pass-rusher Trey Hendrickson said on The Pat McAfee Show on Wednesday that he's not looking for a short-term deal from Cincinnati and began asking for a long-term deal from the Bengals with guaranteed money three years ago. Hendrickson, who has the third-most sacks in the NFL since 2020 (70.5), sounds frustrated that he hasn't been able to get an extension worked out with the Bengals yet, but he's not willing to put a timeline on when he might prefer a trade out of town this offseason. The 30-year-old said he doesn't have any desire to become the highest-paid defender in the league, but the communication of late with him and the team has been poor. He sounds fed up, but in all fairness, it was always going to be hard for Cincy to lock up all three of Hendrickson and receivers Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins to long-term deals. It doesn't sound like a Hendrickson extension is close.Source: Pat McAfee Show
2
hours
agoThe
Los
Angeles
Rams
plan
on
giving
wide
receiver
Tutu
Atwell
a
bigger
role
in
2025.
"I
think
the
fans
are
accurate
in
that
I
haven't
done
a
good
enough
job
of
utilizing
him,"
head
coach
Sean
McVay
said.
The
Rams
cut
veteranread more...
2 hours agoThe Tampa Bay Buccaneers restructured the contract of safety Antoine Winfield on Wednesday to free up more salary cap space in 2025, according to FOX Sports' Greg Auman. Winfield's $21 million base salary for this year was moved to a minimum salary and a bonus, and a void year was added. The move creates $15.86 million in additional cap space. Tampa made a similar move with offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs' contract last month to create another $19.86 million in cap space. Winfield, the team's second-round pick (45th overall) in 2020 out of Minnesota, was a Pro Bowler in 2021 and was named a first-team All-Pro in 2023. However, he played in a career-low nine games in 2024 due to injuries and had 60 tackles (34 solo), two sacks and a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown. If fully healthy in 2025, he should be considered a weekly defensive-back starter in IDP fantasy formats.Source: FOX Sports - Greg Auman
4 hours agoOffensive lineman Xavier Newman-Johnson has signed his exclusive-rights tender and will return to the New York Jets in 2025. The Texas native signed with the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2022 and was with the team for a little over one season before finding his way onto the Jets' roster in 2023. Newman-Johnson has garnered nine starts in his career -- eight with New York -- and played 11 offensive snaps a season ago. He also got in 31 snaps on special teams. The 25-year-old has spent time at center and guard during his three pro seasons. He's currently listed as the team's second-string option behind fellow offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker and will most likely operate as a depth piece for the organization.Source: Charean Williams
7 hours agoAccording to Pete Prisco of CBS Sports, there was "a lot of good buzz" surrounding former Ohio State and Syracuse quarterback Kyle McCord at league meetings this week, and NFL teams are higher on him than draft analysts have been. The New Jersey native spent the first three seasons of his collegiate career in Columbus but backed up C.J. Stroud in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, he threw for 3,170 yards, 24 touchdowns, and six interceptions en route to an 11-1 campaign. After transferring to Syracuse, he led the Orange to its first 10-win season since 2018 behind 4,779 passing yards, 34 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. In a weak quarterback class, there's a chance the 22-year-old could end up as a Day 2 selection in the 2025 NFL Draft.Source: Pete Prisco - CBS Sports
8
hours
agoBoise
State
running
back
and
2024
Heisman
Trophy
runner-up
Ashton
Jeanty
is
expected
to
be
a
first-round
pick
and
the
first
ball-carrier
selected
in
the
2025
NFL
Draft.
While
the
explosive
runner
has
been
tied
to
landing
spots
such
as
the
Dallas
Cowboys
andread more...
8 hours agoFormer Ohio State wide receiver Emeka Egbuka is viewed as one of the top prospects at the position by many NFL Draft analysts. However, the 2025 wideout class is viewed as a weak group at the top, and many have predicted Egbuka to fall out of the first round of the 2025 NFL Draft. ESPN's Field Yates projects Egbuka to be selected by the Chicago Bears with the No. 38 overall pick in his latest mock draft, and a Round 2 landing spot has become a popular theme for the 22-year-old. Egbuka posted 205 receptions for 2,868 yards, and 24 receiving touchdowns in 60 games for the Buckeyes. He'll likely end up in the slot during his NFL career.Source: ESPN
8 hours agoLos Angeles Rams offensive tackle Rob Havenstein (shoulder) is expected to be ready for training camp this offseason after undergoing shoulder surgery, according to head coach Sean McVay. The 32-year-old played in just 11 games last season, his lowest since 2019. The former second-round pick by the St. Louis Rams out of Wisconsin in 2015 has spent his entire 10-year pro career with the Rams organization and has played in 141 games (all starts). The veteran is expected to continue starting at right tackle in 2025, though the Rams could have an eye on drafting his replacement in the early rounds of this month's NFL Draft.Source: L.A. Times
10 hours agoCleveland Browns defensive tackle Mike Hall (knee) had knee surgery this offseason, according to general manager Andrew Berry. Hall's injury will likely keep him from participating in the team's offseason workout program, and it remains to be seen if he'll be ready for the start of training camp at the end of July. The 21-year-old was selected in the second round (54th overall) in last year's NFL draft out of Ohio State, but he ended up playing in just eight games (three starts) in his rookie season due to a stinger, a knee injury and a five-game suspension for a domestic-violence issue. In his eight games played, Hall had 14 tackles (eight solo), on sack and six QB hits for the Browns. Even if Hall isn't quite ready to go for the start of the 2025 regular season, he should see more action on the defensive line in his sophomore season once he's ready.Source: ESPN.com - Daniel Oyefusi
10 hours agoThe New England Patriots expect to have defensive tackle Christian Barmore (illness) in the fold when they begin their offseason workouts on Monday, April 7, according to head coach Mike Vrabel. It's great news for the interior of the team's defensive line, as Barmore entered the offseason with uncertainty after having a setback with his blood-clot diagnosis last year. The Patriots signed the 25-year-old to a four-year, $84 million extension in 2024 after he led the team in sacks (8.5) and QB hits (16) in 2023. But he was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs right before the start of training camp last July and ended up playing in only four regular-season games. Barmore made his season debut in Week 11 but was shut down after experiencing "recurring symptoms" from blood clots. If healthy, Barmore will join forces with Milton Williams, and the two could create one of the best interior combinations in the NFL.Source: MassLive.com - Mark Daniels
10 hours agoThe New Orleans Saints are expected to host a top-30 visit with University of Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers in mid-April, according to a league source. The Saints have shown a considerable amount of interest in Ewers in the lead-up to this year's NFL draft, as they also met with him at the scouting combine in February. The Saints are moving forward with QB Derek Carr in head coach Kellen Moore's first year with the team, and they also like Spencer Rattler as the backup as he continues to develop, but it doesn't mean they won't consider taking another young signal-caller like Ewers as a potential starting QB for them in the future. The 22-year-old went 27-9 for the Longhorns and threw for 3,472 yards with 31 TDs and 12 interceptions in his final season in 2024. Ewers is projected as an early Day 3 pick in this year's draft.Source: Athlon Sports - John Hendrix
10 hours agoSan Francisco 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said this week that the team plans to bring in a veteran kicker "who's capable of taking that job" to compete with Jake Moody this offseason. The 49ers would love to see Moody win the competition and come out motivated for a strong season in 2025 after struggling through a high-ankle sprain in 2024. The 25-year-old made just 70.6 percent of his 34 field-goal attempts in 14 games (4-for-9 from 50-plus yards) in his second year in the NFL after making 84 percent of his 25 field-goal tries in his rookie year. The former third-round pick in the 2023 NFL draft out of the University of Michigan certainly has the skills to bounce back in 2025 if he's healthy, and if he does, he should be in play as a top-12 fantasy kicker.Source: San Francisco Chronicle - Eric Branch
10 hours agoAfter former running back Najee Harris signed with the Los Angeles Chargers in free agency, The Athletic's Mike DeFabo believes the Pittsburgh Steelers could target a running back in this year's NFL draft. Harris took 1,097 career carries with him (fifth-most over the last four years), and the Steelers ran the ball fourth-most in 2024. Jaylen Warren is expected to see an elevated role with Kenneth Gainwell providing depth, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see Pittsburgh add another back in what is considered a very deep RB class this year. Head coach Mike Tomlin even called it a "uniquely deep draft at that position." The Athletic's Dan Brugler has eight backs ranked inside his top 100. Names like Ohio State's TreVeyon Henderson and Quinshon Judkins and Tennessee's Dylan Sampson could be options for the Steelers as they continue building their RB room for 2025.Source: The Athletic - Mike DeFabo