DK Metcalf Breaks Scoreless Streak Against Rams
1 year agoSeattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf caught five of his nine targets for 94 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams. It was the second consecutive week he reached the 90-yard mark and the first time he found the end zone since Week 4. Metcalf was also involved in the longest play of the game, snagging a deep throw from Geno Smith (elbow, triceps) for a gain of 53 yards before being taken down at the Rams' seven-yard line, setting up an eventual field goal. In Week 12 the competition gets a little stiffer in another divisional matchup when the San Francisco 49ers come to Seattle on Thanksgiving Day. Even though the 49ers have one of the more effective defenses in the league they have been prone to allowing big games to opposing wide receivers. Metcalf would project as a WR2 as usual if his quarterback was fully healthy, though his expectations would have to be scaled back if Smith can't recover on the short turnaround and Drew Lock was to take over under center.
Source: NFL.com
Source: NFL.com
Steelers Acquire DK Metcalf From Seattle
3 weeks agoPer the NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the Pittsburgh Steelers are trading for wide receiver DK Metcalf from the Seattle Seahawks. The Steelers are forfeiting their 2025 second-round pick in return and are signing Metcalf to a brand new, five-year, $150 million contract. Pittsburgh may not know who their next quarterback will be, but they're doing their best to surround him with standout talent. The 27-year-old will presumably slot in as the team's No. 1 wideout and, at worst, the 1A or 1B across from standing No. 1 pass-catcher George Pickens. It's an intriguing turn of events for Pittsburgh, though a necessary move for a team that's ranked in the league's bottom half in points per game since 2021. Metcalf started 2024 hot but fell off after a knee injury coincided with former teammate Jaxon Smith-Njigba's breakout. Still, at 27, the Ole Miss product should help bolster Pittsburgh's WR corps.
Source: Tom Pelissero
Source: Tom Pelissero
Seahawks' Asking Price On DK Metcalf Has Lowered
3 weeks agoThe Athletic's Dianna Russini reports that the Seattle Seahawks' asking price for wide receiver DK Metcalf has been lowered, according to sources. The Seahawks would now be open to a return that centers around a second-round pick for the two-time Pro Bowl pass-catcher. Metcalf prefers to play in a warm-weather climate and is looking to make $30 million per season on a new deal. Seattle initially was looking for a first- and third-round pick in exchange for the 27-year-old wideout, and they are speaking to plenty of teams. The Green Bay Packers (not a warm-weather climate) and Los Angeles Chargers have already been mentioned as options, but the more obvious landing spot now becomes the Las Vegas Raiders after they acquired quarterback Geno Smith from Seattle on Friday. Metcalf had 992 yards last year but also had a career-low five TDs on 108 targets, his fewest since his rookie year. A change in locale won't necessarily make him more productive in 2025, but it should ensure he's the unquestioned No. 1.
Source: The Athletic - Dianna Russini
Source: The Athletic - Dianna Russini
Seahawks Talking To A "Ton Of Teams" About DK Metcalf
4 weeks agoSeattle Seahawks general manager John Schneider said on Seattle Sports that the team is "talking to a ton of teams, taking offers, seeing what that looks like" after wide receiver DK Metcalf officially requested a trade this week. The GM also said "everything is in a very cordial, professional place." Schneider said if there's a deadline to get a trade done, it would be by the draft. However, he also noted the Seahawks don't have to do anything right now with Metcalf under contract for one more year. "Worst-case scenario we have an amazing, explosive, powerful athlete playing receiver for us again in 2025, so we'll see where this goes." Seattle released veteran Tyler Lockett this week as well, so if Metcalf were to be traded, their receiver depth would be very thin behind Jaxon Smith-Njigba. The Seahawks reportedly will be seeking first- and third-round picks for Metcalf, who had a career-low five touchdowns in 2024.
Source: The Seattle Times - Bob Condotta
Source: The Seattle Times - Bob Condotta
Seahawks Seeking First-Round Pick For DK Metcalf
4 weeks agoAccording to Dianna Russini of The Athletic, the Seattle Seahawks are seeking a first- and third-round pick for wide receiver DK Metcalf, who recently requested a trade. The 27-year-old is seeking a $30 million per season contract with whatever organization he lands with. Multiple teams have reached out to Seattle, but it remains to be seen if one of them is willing to part with a first-round selection. Metcalf, who entered the NFL as a second-round pick in 2019, has racked up 438 receptions for 6,324 yards and 48 touchdowns in 97 career games. He is one of the NFL's top-size-speed specimens and could help a team open up its passing game in 2025. The Green Bay Packers have been a popular potential landing spot for Metcalf in the trade rumor mill.
Source: Dianna Russini -- The Athletic
Source: Dianna Russini -- The Athletic
Read More News